How to understand a sewing pattern
Choosing a sewing pattern isn’t easy especially if you are new to dressmaking. Which style? which size? is it suitable for new sewers? what do the pattern markings mean? will it challenge my skills are some the questions we are regularly asked. Our new three-hour How to Understand a Sewing Pattern will help demystify the process.
The workshop will cover:
- Taking body measurements and selecting the pattern size
- Body shape and fit
- Simple size alterations
- What the pattern marking mean and how to use them
- Debunk the instructions
- Pattern brands including independent patterns
- Pattern brands for different body shapes
This is a great course for new sewers or if you struggle to make appropriate pattern choices.
- Cost: £34.00 including materials
- Date: 31 August 2019
- Times: 9.30am-12.30pm
- Venue: The Ropewalk, Barton-upon-Humber
To book your specialist course you can:
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01482 840712
- Email Jane on: email@example.com
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748/01482 840712
We also accept payment by Paypal
Workshop terms and conditions:
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable in advance. Unpaid for bookings cannot be held.
- Sorry, fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition outside the course dates will be charged extra.
- Jane White Couture Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
- Sewing machines, overlockers and any other electrical equipment brought to the venue must have a current PAT certificate and use is at the tutor’s discretion.
- The cost of materials is included in the course fee unless otherwise stated. There may be a small fee payable on the day to cover additional materials not included in the fee.
- The course information is an outline. The amount of work completed during the session will depend on your pre-existing skills and pace of work.
Once I started to make a garment with Jane the pattern markings meant something.