This most traditional of hand sewing techniques has returned to the catwalk and children’s clothing! Book our Smocking Techniques workshop and discover the fabrics and embroidery stitches used.
Be warned, it’s addictive!
- Suitable fabrics
- Drawing the threads
- Embroidery threads
- Hand embroidery stitches
- The foundation and finishing row
- English smocking
- Mock smocking
- American smocking
- Contemporary smocking
If you love hand stitching have a look at our Vintage Sewing workshop.
- Cost: £74.00 including materials
- Date: 20 July 2019 – sorry, this course is fully booked but please contact us if you would like adding to the waiting list or to discuss alternative courses.
- Times: 10am – 4pm
- Venue: The Ropewalk, Barton-upon-Humber
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01482 840712
- Email Jane on: email@example.com
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748/01482 840712
We also accept payment by Paypal
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable in advance. Unpaid for bookings cannot be held.
- Sorry, fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition outside the course dates will be charged extra.
- Jane White Couture Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
- Sewing machines, overlockers and any other electrical equipment brought to the venue must have a current PAT certificate and use is at the tutor’s discretion.
- The cost of materials is included in the course fee unless otherwise stated. There may be a small fee payable on the day to cover additional materials not included in the fee.
- The course information is an outline. The amount of work completed during the session will depend on your pre-existing skills and pace of work.
When I removed the draw threads it was like magic!