Our shirt making course online will help you achieve the perfectly stitched shirt with a crisp collar and cuff detail
The shirt making course will cover:
- The difference between a shirt and a blouse
- Choosing the right fabric
- Interfacing is king – discover a range you may not have used before
- Saddle or yoke and what’s the Burrito method
- Machine setting for perfect stitching
- Seams – sample different types including French and fell
- Wrist placket and continuous strip openings
- How to apply the collar and cuffs
- How to sew on a button the couture way
- And a lot more top tips and techniques along the way
A shirt making course pack containing interfacings and samples will be sent before the course starts. Technique instruction sheets are provided.
You will need to get a pattern and fabric but we will suggest which to get if you are not sure.