Sewing with Jersey Fabric using the Alabama Studio method
Sewing jersey with an overlocker is a breeze but there is another method – we will be sewing with jersey fabric using the Alabama Method. Try out something a bit different with jersey!
We will be using hand stitching but don’t worry if you aren’t confident with your hand sewing skills – they will improve with use!
You will use a range of hand embroidery stitches and thread.
Discover using jersey for appliqué. Felled Seams. Cross stitches. Herringbone, feather, whipped, and chevron hand-stitches to construct your unique jersey garment.
We will provide the jersey fabric and a pattern for either a simple top or cardigan. sewing pattern.
It will be helpful if you can cut out your garment before the course.
Thank you to Sewing Bee Corinne for the inspiration!
- Cost: £74.00 including materials
- Date: 15 June 2019
- Times: 10am – 4pm
- Venue: The Ropewalk, Barton-upon-Humber
To book your specialist course you can:
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01482 840712
- Email Jane on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748/01482 840712
We also accept payment by Paypal
Workshop terms and conditions:
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable in advance. Unpaid for bookings cannot be held.
- Sorry, fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition outside the course dates will be charged extra.
- Jane White Couture Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
- Sewing machines, overlockers and any other electrical equipment brought to the venue must have a current PAT certificate and use is at the tutor’s discretion.
- The cost of materials is included in the course fee unless otherwise stated. There may be a small fee payable on the day to cover additional materials not included in the fee.
- The course information is an outline. The amount of work completed during the session will depend on your pre-existing skills and pace of work.
Thank you Corinne for the inspiration!