Sewing with Jersey Fabric – Jersey Day!
Nicknamed ‘Jersey Day’ by our sewers, our Sewing with Jersey Fabric workshop is a great way to get sewing with jersey and knit fabrics.
Use an overlocker and sewing machine to make either a T-shirt, tunic top, leggings or a simple dress. Be inspired by Lizzie (pictured) and make your own beautiful jersey garment!
Sewing jersey fabric, not as tricky as you think
Jane will guide you through matching the jersey fabric and pattern and how to ‘test the stretch’. Learn how to set up your overlocker for professional stitching.
Add neckbands with an even, flat fit.
Use the coverstitch machine or a twin needle for jersey hemming.
Bring along your own overlocker and sewing machine or use one of the studio machines.
Learn to love jersey!
Have a look at our other overlocker courses. Overlocking for the Terrified!. How to use an Overlocker and Making clothes using the overlocker.
Jane White Tuition is an official supplier of Elna sewing machines and overlockers and baby lock overlockers and coverstitch machines.
Contact us to book a free demonstration.
- Cost: £59.00 plus materials
- Date: 18 July 2020. Why not combine this workshop with our Making clothes using the overlocker session on 17 July.
- Times: 10am – 4pm
- Venue: The Ropewalk, Barton-upon-Humber
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01652 662053
- Email Jane on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748 or 01652 662053
We also accept payment by Paypal
Sew Short Course and conditions:
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable on booking.
- Sorry, fees are non-refundable.
- There will be an extra charge for tuition outside the course dates.
- Jane White Couture Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
- Sewing machines and overlockers brought the studio must have a current PAT certificate. Use is at the discretion of the tutor.
- The course fee includes materials unless otherwise stated.
- The course information is an outline. Work completed during the session will depend on pre-existing skills and pace of work.
I love my new jersey dress and will be making lots more in jersey using my overlocker!