Making clothes using the overlocker
Our Making Clothes using the Overlocker course covers overlocker skills and construction techniques.
You can bring along your machine or use one of the studio machines if you don’t have one yet and would like to try-before-you-buy.
Cover the basics
Jane will help you re-thread using her ‘easy threading’ method.
Select and replace needles.
Understand and adjust the tension dials for perfect stitching.
Use 3 and 4 thread overlocking.
Sew tricky fabrics and jersey with confidence.
Convert your machine to narrow and rolled hemming.
Overlock samples of construction techniques.
Discover how to apply neck and armbands
Go round curves and corners.
Use the coverstitch machine or a twin needle for hems.
Learn how to match the fabric to the sewing pattern and ‘test the stretch’.
Why not combine this session into a two day course with Sewing with Jersey Fabric – Jersey Day on 9 August and make something fabulous in jersey using your new skills.
Our other overlocker courses:
Overlocking for beginners, new owners and the terrified! a Sew Personal lesson with Jane.
Jane White Couture Tuition is an official agent of Elna overlockers and sewing machines and baby lock overlockers, coverstitch andoverlock machines.
Contact us for a free demonstration.
- Cost: £74.00 including materials
- Date: 8 August 2019
- Times: 10am – 4pm
- Venue: The Ropewalk, Barton-upon-Humber
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01482 840712
- Email Jane on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748/01482 840712
We also accept payment by Paypal
Sew Short Course and conditions:
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable on booking.
- Sorry, fees are non-refundable.
- There will be an extra charge for tuition outside the course dates.
- Jane White Couture Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
- Sewing machines and overlockers brought the studio must have a current PAT certificate. Use is at the discretion of the tutor.
- The course fee includes materials unless otherwise stated.
- The course information is an outline. Work completed during the session will depend on pre-existing skills and pace of work.
Just to say “thank you” for the overlocker tuition. I enjoyed the course, which was very informative, both on the materials, the making, and my Overlocker, which I am beginning to like a lot better!!!
I have completed my yellow flowered top, bought some black leggings, (a bit trendy for me, can’t wait until the granddaughters see them!!) and I am delighted with the result.