How to choose the right interfacing
The supporting inner layers give shape, form, fit and finish to the outside of the garment but how too choose the right interfacing is a frequent question from sewers unsure what to use. If you feel baffled by interfacing join our three-hour workshop where Jane will demystify what to use where, when and how.
Identify and sample a wide range of woven, bonded, sew-in and fusible interfacings.
Free yourself from using only iron-on Vilene (Vlieseline) type interfacings. Discover a whole new world of interfacings from fusible tricot to fabrics you already have in your sewing stash.
Discover how to use interlinings (sometimes called underlinings) to support the outer garment layer and give a couture finish.
Tailoring canvas, cotton and silk organza and other fabrics you might not have thought of using but applying the most appropriate to the outer fabric is a nifty trick.
Add a beautiful lining for style and function.
Go beyond polyester lining, explore alternatives not just for practicalities but to give beautiful hidden style.
You will go home with a comprehensive portfolio of samples to help you make beautiful garments with confidence.
Why not enjoy a full day of sewing with Jane by booking our How to understand a sewing pattern workshop from 9.30am-12.3pm
If you would like to know more and raise your sewing to couture level have a look at our Couture Sewing Skills course.
- Cost: £34.00 including materials
- Date: 10 May 2019
- Times: 1.30-4.30pm
- Venue: The Ropewalk, Barton-upon-Humber
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01482 840712
- Email Jane on: email@example.com
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748/01482 840712
We also accept payment by Paypal
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable in advance. Unpaid for bookings cannot be held.
- Sorry, fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition outside the course dates will be charged extra.
- Jane White Couture Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
- Sewing machines, overlockers and any other electrical equipment brought to the venue must have a current PAT certificate and use is at the tutor’s discretion.
- The cost of materials is included in the course fee unless otherwise stated. There may be a small fee payable on the day to cover additional materials not included in the fee.
- The course information is an outline. The amount of work completed during the session will depend on your pre-existing skills and pace of work.
This has opened up a whole new world of interfacings. I will experiment before I make up my garments now to get a professional finish. I might even be able to use up some of my scrap stash!