How to choose fabric for dressmaking
Choosing the most appropriate fabric can make or break your sewing project. It can be tricky, especially if you are new to dressmaking. Our How to choose fabric for dressmaking workshop will help you make fabric choices with confidence.
Build a portfolio of fabric samples. Explore fabric properties. Learn how to match fabric to garment type and sewing pattern or vice versa.
Do you hate to see clothes with checks that don’t match or surface pattern not balanced on the garment or wearer?
Practice fabric surface pattern matching for garments with a couture look.
Learn how to differentiate between even and uneven plaids and one-way surface pattern. The importance of matching the centre front and centre back. Match horizontally.
Jane’s top tips to using pattern notches and add other marks to make pattern matching easier to achieve.
Book our how to choose fabric for dressmaking and how to pattern match and raise your sewing to the next level!
Have a look at our How to choose the right interfacing workshop to add more fabric skills.
- Cost: £34.00 including materials
- Date: 10 May 2019
- Times: 9.30m-12.30pm
- Venue: The Ropewalk, Barton-upon-Humber
To book your specialist course you can:
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01482 840712
- Email Jane on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748/01482 840712
We also accept payment by Paypal
Workshop terms and conditions:
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable in advance. Unpaid for bookings cannot be held.
- Sorry, fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition outside the course dates will be charged extra.
- Jane White Couture Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
- Sewing machines, overlockers and any other electrical equipment brought to the venue must have a current PAT certificate and use is at the tutor’s discretion.
- The cost of materials is included in the course fee unless otherwise stated. There may be a small fee payable on the day to cover additional materials not included in the fee.
- The course information is an outline. The amount of work completed during the session will depend on your pre-existing skills and pace of work.
I feel much more confident matching fabric to pattern and have become a pattern matching zealot!