Fitting Sewing Patterns
Fitting Sewing Patterns – Our Fitting Surgery online!
Are you unhappy or frustrated with the fit of your garments but unsure why? Don’t despair, this will all change after our Fitting Sewing Patterns Course.
We will cover:
Taking accurate body measurements
It all starts with accurate body measurements. Commercial patterns use the bust, waist and hip and a standard body measurement chart. Jane takes twenty-four different measurements explaining why and how they affect fit.
Understanding your body shape
Patterns are usually cut to a standard figure (the hourglass) which doesn’t suit or fit other body shapes. When you understand which body shape you are you will find it easier to choose a style of pattern for you.
Choosing a sewing pattern
We will look at different styles and pattern manufacturers, standard measurement charts including the independents.
Fitting a sewing pattern
Discover the fitting alterations you can do before you cut out your pattern but …..
It’s all about the toile
Making and fitting a toile (fitting shell) is the key to fitting a sewing pattern.
What do you need for our online Fitting a Sewing Pattern Course?
Any sewing patterns, toiles or garments you would like advice about.
Prior to the course we will send you a body measurement chart and body shape ‘calculator’
And don’t forget, whatever shape and size we can all look fabulous. I am still looking for the ‘mythical’ standard size!
Can’t make the date? Why not book a Sew Personal session with Jane.
If you would like to know more about making your own sewing patterns using your body measurements have a look at our Pattern Cutting courses.
- Cost: £39
- Date: 10 October 2020
- Time: 10am-3.00pm (including lunch break)
- Venue: online with Zoom
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01652 662053
- Email Jane on: email@example.com
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748 or 01652 662053
We also accept payment by Paypal
Sew Short Course and conditions:
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable on booking.
- Sorry, fees are non-refundable.
- The workshop is hosted via Zoom and students are responsible for the quality of their audio, video and internet connection.
- In the event of the host’s internet going down an alternative date will be offered.
- Jane White Couture Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
Know I understand my shape and have a set of accurate body measurements I feel much more confident about choosing the best pattern and size for me. I will be trying out the fitting adjustments and for a better fit.