Fitting Sewing Patterns
Fitting Sewing Patterns – Our Fitting Surgery!
Are you unhappy or frustrated with the fit of your garments but unsure why? Don’t despair, this will all change after our Fitting Sewing Patterns Course.
Taking accurate body measurements
It all starts with accurate body measurements. Commercial patterns use the bust, waist and hip and a standard body measurement chart. Jane takes twenty-four different measurements explaining why and how they affect fit.
Understanding your body shape
Patterns are usually cut to a standard figure (the hourglass) which doesn’t suit or fit other body shapes. When you understand which body shape you are you will find it easier to choose a style of pattern for your shape.
Choosing a sewing pattern
We will look at different styles and pattern manufacturers, including the independents.
Fitting a sewing pattern
Discover the fitting alterations you can do before you cut out your pattern but …..
It’s all about the toile
Making and fitting a toile (fitting shell) is the key to fitting a sewing pattern.
What do you need to bring to our Fitting a Sewing Pattern Course?
Bring along sewing patterns, toiles or garments you would like help fitting. Leave armed with an understanding of your shape, size and the styles that will help you look fabulous.
And don’t forget, whatever shape and size we can all look fabulous. I am still looking for the ‘mythical’ standard size!
If you would like to know more about making your own sewing patterns using your body measurements have a look at our Pattern Cutting courses.
- Cost: £74.00 including materials
- Date: 31 May 2019
- Time: 10am-4pm
- Venue: The Ropewalk, Barton-upon-Humber
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01482 840712
- Email Jane on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748/01482 840712
We also accept payment by Paypal
Sew Short Course and conditions:
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable on booking.
- Sorry, fees are non-refundable.
- There will be an extra charge for tuition outside the course dates.
- Jane White Couture Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
- Sewing machines and overlockers brought the studio must have a current PAT certificate. Use is at the discretion of the tutor.
- The course fee includes materials unless otherwise stated.
- The course information is an outline. Work completed during the session will depend on pre-existing skills and pace of work.
Know I understand my shape and have a set of accurate body measurements I feel much more confident about choosing the best pattern and size for me. I will be trying out the fitting adjustments and for a better fit.