Dressmaking for beginners
Do you want to make your own clothes but don’t know where to start? Did you sew in the past but have lost your confidence? Do you want to brush-up on those crucial basic skills? This dressmaking for beginners guided course is perfect for you!
We will be starting with the perfect first garment project
The tailored (or pencil skirt) Why? because it has all the basic techniques you need for any garment you will make giving you a bank of skills you can build on with future projects.
Let me help you take accurate body measurements, adjust your tailored skirt pattern to fit, set up and use your sewing machine, or use one of mine if you do not have one and then confidently learn how to sew unpuckered seams, perfect darts, insert zips, apply a waistband, press for a professional and finish off with a perfect hem.
No sewing skills, machines or equipment required – just enthusiasm!
By the way, the two Sue’s featured came to the class with no dressmaking experience. They both made their own pattern and then these beautiful skirts.
Sue in the blue skirt was so proud of her achievements she wore it home from class – and quite right too!
If you would like a longer course to learn even more dressmaking skills please have a look at the Jane White Couture Tuition Programme Award.
Cost: £159.00 including materials
Dates: to be confirmed, please contact us for more information or have a look at our Sewing Bee Workshops or the JWCT City & Guilds Equivalent course.
Venue: The Ropewalk, Barton upon Humber
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01482 840712
- Email Jane on: email@example.com
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748/01482 840712
We also accept payment by Paypal
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable in advance. Unpaid for bookings cannot be held.
- Sorry, fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition outside the course dates will be charged extra.
- Jane White Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
- Sewing machines, overlockers and any other electrical equipment brought to the venue must have a current PAT certificate. All equipment must be in good working order. Use is at the tutor’s discretion.
- The cost of materials for Dressmaking for beginners is included in the course fee. There may be a small fee payable on the day to cover additional materials not included in the fee.
- The amount of work completed by each student during the course will depend on any pre-existing skills and individual pace of work.
A really big thank you, you made me so welcome and turned me from a terrified beginner to really enjoying every minute. You’re a great teacher!