Dressmaking for beginners
Do you want to make your own clothes but don’t know where to start? Did you sew in the past but have lost your confidence? Do you want to brush-up on those crucial basic skills? Have you been inspired to sew by the BBC 2 Sewing Bee Programme? Our Dressmaking for Beginners guided course will help you start sewing!
We will be starting with the perfect first garment project
a pair of Pj’s or lounging pants. Over two evening sessions, you will learn how to select your pattern size, choose fabric appropriate to the project, how to cut out, thread mark, tack, sew seams, neaten, press, make a waist casing and add a hem.
You will become confident using a sewing machine when you know how to set it up for perfect stitching.
No sewing skills, machine or equipment required – just enthusiasm!
If you would like a longer course to learn even more dressmaking skills please have a look at the Jane White Couture Tuition Programme Award.
Cost: £79.00 including materials and use of sewing machines and equipment
Dates: 5 & 12 March 2020
Venue: The Ropewalk, Barton upon Humber
To book your specialist course you can:
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01652 662053
- Email Jane on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748 or 01652 662053
We also accept payment by Paypal
Workshop terms and conditions:
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable in advance. Unpaid for bookings cannot be held.
- Sorry, fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition outside the course dates will be charged extra.
- Jane White Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
- Sewing machines, overlockers and any other electrical equipment brought to the venue must have a current PAT certificate. All equipment must be in good working order. Use is at the tutor’s discretion.
- The cost of materials for Dressmaking for beginners is included in the course fee. There may be a small fee payable on the day to cover additional materials not included in the fee.
- The amount of work completed by each student during the course will depend on any pre-existing skills and individual pace of work.
I learn best by doing and you provided ample opportunity to do just that. You have the clarity of thought that only someone who knows their subject inside out, has. Moreover you can convey your knowledge in an easy to understand way.