The French term ‘Haute Couture’ translates as ‘high dressmaking’. It refers to the making of custom clothing. Made to the highest standard using traditional hand-construction techniques with painstaking design detailing. Our Couture Sewing Skills workshop will help you ‘sew couture’.
Couture Sewing Skills – an introduction
- couture fabrics
- how to hand and machine stitch the finest silks to the heaviest wools with confidence
- couture seams on delicate fabrics
- hand stitches for a couture finish
- couture fastenings
- the couture supporting layers including the use of silk organza
- invisible hems
- weighted and double stitched hems
- Hong Kong binding
Sew couture for a beautiful, professional finish!
Read Jo’s blog and discover the connection between Haute Couture and our home county of Lincolnshire.