Boiled wool coat or jacket
Jane’s orange boiled wool coat has had so many compliments she is going to help you make your own!
Using the Raw Edge Coat pattern from the Atelier’s Maker, discover how to handle boiled wool fabric.
Stitch perfect lapped seams with a twin sewing machine needle.
Apply a twin needle stitched lapped rever collar
Insert sleeves with a lapped sleeve head.
Add patch pockets.
Embellish with a decorative button. Buttonhole stitch a large popper in place to fasten your boiled wool coat.
Don’t fancy boiled wool? Not a problem, we have also made this coat using a twin needle and lapped seam in woven wool. You could also use a knitted fabric or denim for something a bit different.
You will need to do some preparation before this course – we will provide you with the boiled wool coat pattern for you to cut out at home.
You are welcome to try on Jane’s coat for sizing!
Thank you Sewing Bee Sarah for the beautiful brooch – sorry, this isn’t included in the course.
We also offer a Coat or Jacket making course to where you could make this coat either as raw edge or using tradition methods.
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01482 840712
- Email Jane on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748/01482 840712
We also accept payment by Paypal
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable in advance. Unpaid for bookings cannot be held.
- Sorry, fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition outside the course dates will be charged extra.
- Jane White Couture Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
- Sewing machines, overlockers and any other electrical equipment brought to the venue must have a current PAT certificate and use is at the tutor’s discretion.
- The cost of materials is included in the course fee unless otherwise stated. There may be a small fee payable on the day to cover additional materials not included in the fee.
- The course information is an outline. The amount of work completed during the session will depend on your pre-existing skills and pace of work.
I love my new jacket. The twin needle was really easy to use with the bonus of no seam neatening required!