Join Jane for our baby lock workshops and learn how to use your fabulous machine confidently.
Look out for our online Zoom dates or book a Sew Personal session in person or online.
- Stitch length
- Stitch width
- Foot pressure
- Decorative threads
- Needles – which to use and how to change
- Differential feed
- Gathering without the gathering foot
- Using different and difficult fabrics
- Rolled and narrow hemming
- Starting and finishing in the round
- Additional feet and accessories
- Make the Sew House 7 Toaster sweater to take home
Combination machine workshop:
- As the overlocker workshop plus:
- Chain and chain looper tension dials
- Chain stitch
- Cover stitch – double and triple
- Decorative ideas and threads
- Starting and finishing overlocking and cover stitch in the round
- Feet and accessories
- Make the Tilly And The Button Freya top to take home
Overlocking beyond the basics:
- for overlockers and combination cover stitch/overlockers
- using decorative and mulitiple threads
- bypassing the looper ports for thick threads
- using the standard presser foot to apply ribbon and elastic
- lettuce leaf jersey hems
- 2 thread flat locking
- blanket stitch
- handling tricky fabrics
- Accessories and additional feet
Fabulous feet day
You can bring along your baby lock machine (and specialist feet if you already have some) to the studio or borrow one of our demonstration models and discover baby lock’s no nonsense additional feet and accessories for quick and professional sewing.
- Single and double binding
- Tape guide
- Blind hemming
- belt loops/bag handles
and lots more top tips and techniques along the way!
If you haven’t got a baby lock machine yet you can still book the session to find out more before you buy.
Jane White Tuition is an official supplier of baby lock overlocker, coverlock and cover stitch machines.
Contact us for a free demonstration or go to our sister site www.babylockshop.co.uk to see the full range.