Jane White Couture Tuition City & Guilds Equivalent
New for 2018
The Jane White Couture Tuition Programme offers a new series of dressmaking tuition courses designed and taught personally by Jane White (City & Guilds Fashion Adv. & Cert. Ed). This dedicated programme is now open for enrolment with all courses beginning from January 2018.
The programme follows similar tuition content and learning formats to the recently withdrawn City & Guilds 7160 syllabus.
The flexible and affordable modular courses offer sewers of all levels of experience and ability the opportunity to learn a wide range of garment and pattern cutting skills at their own pace.
High-quality practical skills
JWCT believes in establishing high-quality practical skills and in order to maintain this hands-on learning approach, the maximum number of students per module group will be restricted to just 7 people.
Hands-on guided learning
Each course module delivers 50 hours of guided learning and is suitable for both professional sewers and sewing for pleasure.
“After nearly twenty years of teaching City & Guilds Fashion and Pattern Cutting, and having a degree equivalent City & Guilds qualification myself, I am disappointed by the decision of Ofqual to discontinue these highly regarded qualifications. I am, however, excited to offer my own programme of structured study with the City & Guilds ethos and emphasis on teaching practical skills”. Jane
New for 2019 – Our Jane White Couture Tuition Programme Summer School in August. Contact us for more details.
Level 1 Award: Dressmaking
For complete beginners, students who haven’t sewn for some time, or sewers needing additional skills. The emphasis of the Award scheme is on building a portfolio of high-quality practical skills and understanding of the construction process.
- Shirt or top
- Unlined Skirt
- Casual trousers
Level 2 Certificate: Dressmaking & Design
For intermediate level sewers who have completed level 1, or who can demonstrate dressmaking skill. Explore the principles of design and colour theory to design and make a garment with higher level construction techniques and materials.
- Lined skirt
- Day dress
- Tailored trousers
- Blouse or shirt
- Unlined jacket
Level 3 Diploma: Dressmaking, Design & Pattern Cutting
For advanced sewers who have completed Levels 1 & 2, or those with existing high-level skills. This module is also ideal for students wanting to explore pattern making and couture standard dressmaking techniques.
- Special occasionwear
- Traditional tailoring
- Kirsten’s City & Guilds Fashion fabulous tunic topJane White2018-02-05T19:42:44+00:00
- City & Guilds – decorative stitching detail by MelanieJane White2015-04-06T11:32:35+00:00
It wasn’t just about making a skirt, it was about the journey to get to the skirt.
I have learned so much, interlining/underlining/underlining session was a revelation!
Jane White Couture Tuition Programme
Cost per Award, Certificate and Diploma module
Fees can be paid in installments: £199 on booking and two monthly payment of £100 by Direct Debit.
We offer a discount for payment in full (£369).
The course fee does not include materials.
1:1 tuition – price on application.
Pre-course interview and assessment of skills
You will be invited to attend a pre-course interview (in person or by telephone) to assess your current skills. Jane will, in discussion with you, guide you to the most appropriate level for your existing skill base.
During the course, you and Jane will continually assess your work by giving feedback. Our Internal Quality Assessor will ensure the quality of the course is maintained and students are progressing.
|Weekend study 9.30am-4.30pm||Monday study 9.30am-4.30pm||Wednesday study 9.30-4.30pm|
|15 & 16 December||3 & 17 December||5 & 19 December|
|19 & 20 January 2019 (new course starts)||7 & 21 January 2019 (new course starts)||7 & 16 January 2019 (new course starts)|
|16 & 17 February||4 & 18 February||13 & 27 February|
|16 & 17 March||4 & 18 February||6 & 20 March|
|13 & 14 April||1 & 15 April||10 & 24 April|
Terms & Conditions:
- Course fees are payable on booking and are non-refundable.
- If paying in installments course fees are still payable in full if the student withdraws from the course early.
- The course fee is for 50 hours tuition. Choose to study either one weekend a month for four months or every other Monday for four months. Tuition outside the JWCT Programme Course dates will be charged as extra.
- Students are responsible for providing all fabrics and course materials.
- Course documentation provided is the intellectual property of Jane White Couture Tuition and is not to be duplicated or shared with other parties.
- All work must be produced for tutor and Internal Quality Assessor assessment to gain our ‘in-house’ certification.
- This course is not accredited by an external qualification provider.
- Electrical equipment brought to the venue must have a current PAT certificate. Use is at the tutor’s discretion.
- Jane White Couture Tuition reserves the right to change course dates and prices.