I am delighted to bring you talented quilt artist Sheena Robert of Green Man Quilts as an expert guest tutor for our Sew Short Course Quilting Workshops.
Sheena’s adventures in quilting came from the Laura Ashley patchwork packs of the 1970s and 80s feeding her passion for colour. Qualified with City & Guilds, Sheena has been influenced by the quilts exhibited at The American Museum, Bath and the V&A; and by many different quilters. Her inspiration comes from the natural world, folk traditions, story and music.
Sheena will be sharing her skills and enthusiasm with you exploring foundation piecing, working with different fabrics, hand and machine quilting, couching, surface embroidery and free machine quilting.
Take your work to the next step using simple design techniques to find your quilting ‘voice’ and style with unique individuality.
Whether you are new to sewing and quilting or you are a ‘curious’ quilter you are welcome to come and learn new skills and enjoy a weekend of quilting r&r.
Simple Stained Glass – 3 & 4 February 2018
- A simple technique creates stunning results. Create a wall hanging using scrap fabrics and fusible bias.
Log Cabin – 7 & 8 April 2018
- Make one or a few log cabin blocks and put them together for a fabulous wall hanging, table runner or centerpiece.
Click here to download more course information.
- Cost: £99 + materials
- Time: 10am-4pm
- Date: 3 & 4 February 2018 – Simple Stained Glass
- Date: 7 & 8 April 2018 – Log Cabin
- Venue: The Ropewalk, Barton-upon-Humber
- Call Jane on: 07946 648748 or 01482 840712
- Email Jane on: email@example.com
- For card payment by phone please call Jane on 07946 648748/01482 840712
We also accept payment by Paypal
Specialist Courses terms and conditions:
- To secure a place on the course fees are payable in advance. Unpaid for bookings cannot be held.
- Sorry, fees paid are non-refundable.
- Jane White Couture Tuition reserves the right to cancel or change the date of courses.
- Sewing machines, overlockers and any other electrical equipment brought to the venue must have a current PAT certificate. Use is at the tutor’s discretion.
- Materials outside those included in the course fee will be charged for.
- The course information is an outline. The amount of work completed during the course will depend on your pre-existing skills and pace of work.
I can highly recommend this course, it’s great fun, Sheena Roberts is an excellent tutor – give it a go!